Head of Retail
📍 Vauxhall, London
💪 Full time
Wild is a high growth, venture backed, direct to consumer business looking to eliminate single use plastics in bathrooms across Europe and beyond. Our mission is to shake up the throwaway culture of everyday bathroom products. Through our wildly sustainable products, we hope to redefine the future of personal care.
We launched our refillable deodorant on WeAreWild.com (UK) and Wildrefill.com (EU/ROW) in April 2020 and have been growing rapidly with 11,000 5 star ratings on Trustpilot and over £7.5m in funding. We are now looking for a Head of Retail to take our retail growth to the next level.
This is a very rare opportunity to join a brand at the early stages of its journey and have an impact from day one on a business that is focused on having a positive impact on people's lives and the environment.
The role will require a strong entrepreneurial spirit and desire to create change in a highly competitive market where Wild will look to establish itself at the forefront of the refill revolution.
About the Role
Having launched as a D2C business in 2020 Wild is now looking to scale up its retail presence both in the UK and internationally. With successful launches in Sainsbury’s, Boots and Waitrose in 2021 Wild is looking for a Head of Retail to help expand new partner distribution both in the UK and Internationally and build strong relationships with our current partners to grow SKU count / ROS and expand into more stores.
The role requires high commercial acumen, you will own the whole retail P&L and will need to show ability to drive revenue growth whilst also continually increasing profitability of the retail business. The ideal candidate will be able to show their ability to build great partnerships with key stakeholders whilst also being able to put the necessary controls and processes around forecasting and planning in place to help Wild scale to the next level. You will either have experience of the personal care sector, expanding a retail operation internationally and building teams or show the ability to learn very quickly in a high growth environment.
- Full ownership of P&L, responsible for driving exponential growth whilst continually optimising profitability.
- Building strong relationships with large suppliers to grow key accounts.
- Planning and forecasting future growth and working closely with our operations team to ensure we have the necessary stock and infrastructure in place to facilitate this.
- Opening new avenues of growth either via international distribution or finding untapped opportunities in the UK eg. independents.
- Setting up improved reporting and targets to increase visibility of retail across the company and using KPIs to drive team performance.
- Helping build the wider category narrative to drive sell-in of Wild across existing and new partners. Always looking for data and insights that can help propel the Wild story.
- Developing our shopper marketing plan to help grow ROS and exposure across our store footprint.
- Developing a small but entrepreneurial team ensuring Wild can remain lean but deliver its growth ambitions.
- Analytical/data centric - Highly competent in using excel and creating business plans and models to ensure Wild is using data to propel growth.
- Commercial - Clear ability to effectively manage and nurture large commercial partnerships creating win/win environment for key partners.
- New business - Ability to spot white space for growth and use category data to help sell Wild in.
- In store growth - Ability to understand and execute shopper marketing plans to build ROS and visibility across stores.
- Process driven - Able to set-up processes and reporting to ensure the retail business runs smoothly and we can deliver our plans effectively.
- Ambitious - Able to think big and get people behind the Wild vision for a more sustainable bathroom.
- Passionate - have a passion for Wild’s mission and want to keep improving everything we do.
What we offer
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Equity incentive plan
- Flexible working (3 days per week in our office in Vauxhall)
- Regular social events
- Ability to work 2 weeks remotely per year
At Wild we believe that a great team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds, beliefs and experience. We are an inclusive employer and will not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability. If you share our values and want to help make a difference, we'd love to hear from you.
Ready to Join the Wild Team?
Send send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org