📍 Vauxhall, London
💪 Full time
Wild is a high growth, venture backed, direct to consumer business looking to eliminate single use plastics in bathrooms across Europe and beyond. Our mission is to shake up the throwaway culture of everyday bathroom products. Through our wildly sustainable products, we hope to redefine the future of personal care.
We launched our refillable deodorant on WeAreWild.com in April 2020 and have been growing rapidly with a 5 star rating on Trustpilot and over £7.5m in funding. We are now looking for a Finance Manager to take our finance function to the next level.
This is a very rare opportunity to join a one of the UK’s fastest growing brands and have an impact early on at a business that is focused on having a positive impact on people's lives and the environment
About the Role
This individual will champion accurate financial reporting in the business, ensuring the accounting system is accurate and up-to-date, owning the management accounts reporting and being responsible for effective financial controls across the business. The role will report into Head of Finance and will liaise closely with our 3rd party bookkeeping team.
The role also requires superb data interrogation skills to build and maintain models and analyse KPIs, including cashflow, cash conversion cycle, LTV and retention/churn. Managing the financial reporting of the business will be a central focus of this role and therefore a strong understanding of accounting processes and principles is required along with a keen interest in DTC + Retail metrics.
There will be elements of cross-functional projects and work, in particular to support the operations and retail teams and deliver key insights to decision makers across the business.
- Management of 3rd party bookkeeping team, ensuring accounting + ERP systems are maintained efficiently and accurately
- Ownership of month-end reporting
- Preparation of investor reporting
- Cashflow reporting and management, including inputting into 13 week cashflow
- Analysis of business performance across all key functions
- Input into business forecasting
- 4+ years finance experience
- Qualified accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Good knowledge of accounting principles, processes and controls
- An understanding of, and interest in, key DTC + Retail KPIs
- Excel proficiency
- Excellent attention to detail, with organised structured working and strong prioritisation skills
- Strong communication skills, able to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- An open mindset, able to overcome operational challenges at speed
- Ability to take ownership of challenges and processes
- Strong analytical, strategic and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, willing to take the initiative
- Experience using Xero (preferred but not required)
- Passionate about sustainability and the environment
What we offer
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working (3 days per week in our office in Vauxhall)
- Regular social events
- Ability to work 2 weeks remotely per year
At Wild we believe that a great team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds, beliefs and experience. We are an inclusive employer and will not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability. If you share our values and want to help make a difference, we'd love to hear from you.
Ready to Join the Wild Team?
Send send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org