What do we believe in?
Wild believes a diverse and inclusive workspace is critical to our long term success and we want to create an environment that promotes and embraces people from all backgrounds. Wild aspires to be a flexible and supportive employer who benefits from having employees from a broad range of backgrounds to help foster innovation and empathy as we grow.
We are only a small team but recognise to be representative of wider society we must make the following commitments to ensure representation is an area we build into the Wild DNA as we grow.
We commit to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace which includes:
1. Training the team on unconscious bias, diversity, and inclusion.
- Wild employees attend ongoing training sessions around topics of unconscious bias, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- We run a regular team book club looking at authors from marginalised backgrounds with debate and discussion encouraged.
- We listen and learn from feedback from our peers and community and encourage people to give it.
2. We actively seek to inspire a broader range of people from different backgrounds to get into entrepreneurial environments.
- We run paid internships for people from underrepresented backgrounds and those at risk of long-term unemployment.
- We work within communities and with recruiters who commit to helping Wild's achieve our diversity goals.
3. We strive to run an interview process that values skills over experiences to give the opportunity for all applicants to flourish. This includes:
- Auditing all job descriptions to ensure we are not inadvertently discriminating against certain groups.
- Ensuring all interview processes have diverse representation at every stage and that any recruiters or external partners we use commit to Wild’s diversity goals.
- Eliminating bias from job applications for example by removing names from CVs.
Beyond our team we want to ensure we promote diversity and inclusion in everything we do from the creators we work with, to our customers, and our partners.
Ultimately we are aware actions speak louder than words and are excited to show our growth as a progressive business in the years ahead. We’re keen to listen, learn and improve. If you think there’s something we could be doing better or differently, let us know!